These no-bake raw caramel slices are a delicious dessert that require minimal effort to make! They are the perfect dish to bring to a party or a potluck and no one will ever know they are vegan.
Makes: 9 squares (depending on how you cut them)
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews (covered & soaked for 1-2 hours)
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Add the base ingredients to a food processor or a blender. Pulse until it becomes a sticky mixture. Add this to the bottom of an 8×8 non stick baking dish. Push down with your hand or a large wooden spoon until it is flattened out. Place in the freezer.
- Add your caramel layer ingredients to the food processor or blender (once your cashews have been soaked). Blend until it is a thick and creamy mixture. There should be no lumps. Pour on top of the base layer. Smooth it out with a spoon. Stick the dish back in the freezer while you work on your last layer.
- Place your chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for one minute (or until melted). Stir and then spread over your caramel layer.
- Place the dish on a flat surface in the freezer for at least one hour before serving.
- If it is going in the freezer overnight, take it out and let it thaw at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before serving. Enjoy!