I seriously am in love with this stir-fry dish. The sauce is so flavourful and delicious. I’ve made it a few times this week because it’s just too good.
It’s super easy to make and it’s a great meal to have if you are on a time crunch. Anything these days can be veganized if you think outside the box!
What you’ll need:
- Vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 block tofu (cubed)
- 1 pepper (diced)
- 1/2 an onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 4.5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cut your tofu into cubes and place on a baking sheet that’s been covered in parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes (flipping halfway).
- Chop up your pepper and onion.
- In a food processor, mince your garlic. Then add the remainder of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth (there should be no lumps).
- Cook your noodles according to the package.
- In a large pan, add the sesame oil. If you don’t have sesame oil, you can use olive oil (or water for an oil-free option).
- Sauté the onion and pepper until the onion is soft and translucent. This should take around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tofu and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add half of the peanut sauce mixture you made to the pan. Let cook for a minute.
- Add the drained vermicelli noodles to the pan and mix until it is thoroughly coated in the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!