I am calling this dhal because of the consistency and ingredients? Could also be like a stew maybe? I am not sure. But what I do know is that this recipe is a 10/10. Super high protein because of the lentils, the potatoes keep you full and all of the spices together are just dreamy. It’s also not spicy if you are wondering.
This is a great meal prep idea. I made it at the beginning of the week and paired it with rice and salad greens. I try to eat greens with every meal, if not 2/3. The first reason is because they are so good for you and the second is they aid in digestion, especially with heavier cooked meals like this one. After eating this meal I didn’t feel sickly full, I actually had a lot of energy and felt great!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 medium potatoes (chopped small)
- 1 tsp ginger (I used the pre-minced one)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1.5 cups diced tomatoes (I used canned)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Basmati rice (cooked)
- Fresh greens
- In a medium-sized saucepan add the olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute till translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add the chopped potato and stir. Then add the ginger, chili powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, paprika and red curry paste. Stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, coconut cream, red lentils and vegetable broth. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Leave on a low boil for around 10-12 minutes. This will help with cooking your potatoes. Continue to stir every few minutes so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- After this, lower the temperature to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add in the lime juice and sea salt and pepper towards the end.
- In the meantime, cook your rice according to package. Mine takes 25 minutes so this is a perfect time to start.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, it’s done! Serve with the basmati rice and fresh greens. Enjoy! xx