I have curry at least once a week. If I don’t – people may be like “are you ok?” because I am seriously obsessed. It’s the perfect comfort food because it is warm on your belly, it’s delicious and healthy!
My curry has evolved over the past year, and my newest one is much more flavourful. It is also a bit spicier than the other curries that I’ve made.
You can either pair it with a side of rice, noodles, naan bread or have it by itself. I normally go with rice, but noodles are on my radar. I hope you like it as much as I do!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper (chopped small)
- 3 potatoes (peeled and chopped small)
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can mini corn on the cob
- 1 cup kale
- To a large/deep pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and minced garlic. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the pepper and potato.
- Add the red curry paste and mix until everything is coated. Then add the tomato paste and repeat.
- Add the fresh ginger.
- Then add the coconut milk and water, and bring to a boil. Once bubbling, simmer on medium heat.
- Stir in your spices and then cook for 10 minutes. There still should be bubbles.
- Add your chickpeas, corn and kale.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Once the potato is fork tender, it is ready to eat. Serve with rice (or any other side suggested).