Mallory Fisher is a singer-songwriter and director living in Toronto, Ontario. You can find her on Instagram here.
The first thing my 13-year-old sister said to me when I went vegan 6 months ago was, “So you can’t eat Bean Dip anymore?!” Immediately, I went to work to prove, once and for all, that being vegan doesn’t mean you have to give up the things you love. There’s a vegan alternative for everything!
Today I’m going to share with you my Mom’s super easy Bean Dip recipe – done cruelty-free! It’s the perfect dip to bring to any TV series binge-watching party. Just prep in advance and pop it in the oven once you get there.
All you need are 4 ingredients! I’ve listed the brands I use, because it means you don’t have to measure anything, just add the entire container! However, feel free to use any brand of your choice.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of Yves Mexican Veggie Ground Round
- 1 can of vegan refried beans
- 1 small bottle of Old El Paso mild taco sauce
- Daiya cheddar and/or mozzarella shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Heat the veggie ground in a medium saucepan until warm throughout. Add the refried beans and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized baking pan. You can use a smaller or larger pan depending on desired thickness of the dip!
- Add bottle of taco sauce and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. If the cheese hasn’t fully melted, change your oven to broil for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before you dig in! This step is essential; I speak from many years of mouth-burning experience…
- Serve with tortilla chips (and vegan sour cream because who are we kidding?!)