Normally I start my day with either a big smoothie, a smoothie bowl or oatmeal. When I have more time in the morning’s I’ll make myself some pancakes.
I always struggled with making pancakes. It wasn’t until I tried the Minimalist Baker mini sopapilla pancakes that I found success. These ones are so good by the way so give them a try!
I went to my friend Kayla’s for a fully vegan brunch a few weeks ago and she cooked a variety of delicious breakfast foods, which included some fluffy pancakes. I decided I had to try to make them myself, but this time I used some vanilla extract and cinnamon. I now have my new favourite recipe, so thank you to Kayla for being a genius!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or sugar of your preference)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Mix together the oil, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- Blend dry ingredients in a blender until thoroughly combined.
- Add the liquid mixture to the blender and blend until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Take the blade out of your blender, and add the chocolate chips. Using a spoon, fold them into the batter.
- Heat a medium sized pan on medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan. When bubbles appear all over the pancake, flip and leave for another 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to do this until all of the batter is gone. I hope you enjoy!