I write this recipe as I inhale two slices of this AWESOME banana bread. I’ve never made my own, so I was quite nervous that I would somehow mess it up. The good news is that I got it right on the first try AND it was so easy to do.
The key to banana bread is to make sure that your ingredients are mixed fully, and you smooth it out as much as possible in the pan.
This is the perfect recipe to have around the house as a snack, or to make for a potluck or event.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 stick room temperature earth balance butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 organic white sugar
- 3 very ripe medium sized bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Sliced almonds
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix together your almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Mash your bananas with a fork in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugars.
- Once thoroughly mixed and soft, add your bananas, vanilla and milk mixture and beat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Beat with an electric mixer until everything is smooth.
- Place some parchment paper in a 9 inch bread pan. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds and shredded coconut on top. Use as much as you’d like!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick that is inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool for around 5-10 minutes in the pan. Then, slide a knife around the edges and flip your pan over on a cooling rack to get the bread out. Turn the bread up right and let it cool for another 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!